Add questions here
Contact me at: email@example.com
White Paper here:
please add your name / OSM username and country if you would like
- [ANSWERED] “Always more to map” - how did you go about
defining what is sustainability for data not just communiy?
- [ANSWERED] “Map or be mapped!” – can you elaborate on this
- [ANSWERED] Do you think the companies working in OSM can be
helping local communities map sustainably?
- Which local companies in Kenya have you worked with?
- (Anonymous): you may find some examples on
https://mapkibera.org/work/locations/. Noteably, the page is
still loading as I am typing this comment.
- (thanks that’s in need of repair)
- And did you have any issues with that?
- Do you do generic(ish) training to ie delivery companies etc on
how OSM can help them? (that could be replicated in other
- I wish we had, we’ve honestly only recently tried to focus
on this realistically. It would be a great project for OSM
Kenya to do. (Erica)
- [ANSWERED] OSM User: Transport for Cairo (TfC), Egypt.
Question: We are an example of a consultancy working with and
contributing to OSM in a country where there is no OSM community.
What is the relevant “authority” so to speak that allows different
contributors and stakeholders to work collaboratively in given
- Please check out OSM Africa whatsApp group and ask there. You
can be added by contacting Geoffrey or me.
- [ANSWERED] Guy - what impact do you see Covid19 having on the
sustainability of OSM mapping? Do you see people returning to OSM
after leaving (perhaps stage of life or for economic reasons) coming
back to support OSM at some future point?
- Sorry!! :) :)
- Guy - it could be an opportunity or a threat?
- (Anonymous): If mapping there is a job, it may be a threat
(I assume this is not the case, but if it is they already
have alternative work).
- It could be people on furlough in countries like the UK, who are
doing the extra mapping?
Happy Independence Day !!
Thank you - very good talk