Proceedings DOI: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.3923053
- [DONE] Did you consider the topography? at our slums
(e.g.Salvador, Rio - Brasil) paths can be reeeealy steep and
considerably change distance time and route decision. (Great work
showing how important it is to consider the route distance)
- [DONE] what challenges regarding security for mappers did you
encounter? how did address them?
- [DONE] You mentioned careful training of mapping tools is very
important. What are so lessons learned/best practices for how to go
about this training?
- [DONE] You mentioned collecting data for streets and footpaths to
be able to calculate network distance. Did you find that your data
collection significantly improved OSM’s coverage of the footpath
network, or was the existing data already of reasonable quality?
- [DONE] Was the size of the health service a factor, for example
the amount of Doctors/nurses for the amount of people in the
- [DONE] Did you encounter spatial heterogeneities regarding
possible drivers like socio-demographics/economics (which may be
fairly unknown within informal settlements; you mentioned taking
these into account in your outlook)? Maybe you have found at least
visual clues to such potential relations by just mapping your
results as a first step? - René
- Love love love the work of this group!! Looking forward to the
presentation! Anni - rosymaps (chicago).
- Many thanks, Rosymaps! - Godwin.
- amazing slides - diagrams were really helpful
- Thank you!
- this kind of study here is showing serious problems of individual
transportation for people susppected with COVID-19
- I agree!
- The slides are great!
- Thank you!
- Thanks for sharing, great presentation - really like the comment
about “the right tool for the job” - Cameron Green
- I agree, it ought to be right. Another thing is to consider how
resilient the method is; redundancy can be useful here.
- Understanding the users of the tools is also important,
certain tools come easier to certain users than other tools
do. I have been working on a project about this and that was
the first thing I learnt.
- I agree, Cameron. For example, in our online mapping
stage, iD editor for mapping was very useful. JOSM was
useful during the validation stage.
- I agree fully, thank you very much for the
OSM Science Mailing list:
Many thansk everyone for the great session and participation!